sâmbătă, 29 ianuarie 2011

Swedish Owl Stamps and FDCs

On January 24, 2010 I discovered the on-line shop of the Sweden Post. I placed an order and within three days I received my owl stamps and FDC :)

1. Eagle Owl (Bubo bubo)










Release date: 1989


2. Short-eared Owl (Asio flammeus) - stamp; and Great Gray Owl (Strix nebulosa) - FDC

















"Do birds have different personalities? I think so. I've often noticed how individuals, even of the same species, differ in behaviour and temperament.
... The short-eared owl was also special.I followed it as it was hunting the fields near the Arctic Circle. As it left one field, I'd drive to another a bit further away and wait. And then suddenly there it was, checking me out, as if to ask, 'Who are you?' ..."
Brutus Ostling
Winged
Release date: March 26, 2009
Photographs: Brutus Ostling
Design: Gustav Martensson
Engraving: Lars Sjooblom.
Print: Recess, Sweden Post Stamps



3. Mother Owl's school from Children of the Forest by Elsa Beskow

















"Teacher's pointer or magic wand? Children's literature has historically found itself in the borderland between art and pedagogy. ... In the meeting between text and image, magical worlds can be created, such as in Elsa Beskow's indispensable Children of the Forest (1910), in which the damp scent of the moss and whispering  pine have delighted generations of children - and stimulated a lifelong affection for Nordic nature. ..."
Cecilia Ostlund, librarian, writer

Europa 2010 - Children's Books
Release date: January 28, 2010
Graphic design: Gustav Martensson
Engraving: Piotr Naszarkowski
Print: combination, Sweden Post Stamps

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu